Tuesday 1 February 2011

Poster Creation

I was in charge of creating the film poster. I decided to use Photo Impact to create the poster because I was more skilled and used to using this program. I decided to use the images below for the poster:


I began by first using the image of the to boys running into the distance as the background of theposter. Idecded to change this image to Black and white because it would make it easier to seethat it is a representation of someones past.


I then used the magic wand tool to go round the faces of Shola dnDaniel in order to get theoutline ofthem. I then flipped Daniels Image horizonantly to make it face Shola's face. The reason why I chose to face them was that this is what happens during the film and I thought this could be a good link between the two characters. I then added the text and used the outline tool on the 'Prodigy' text, as you can see the O was repaced with the islamic symbol and I though that this was a good idea to implement because it gave reference back to a key theme running through our short film and this to then made relation to the Islamic writing which also spells out 'Prodigy'.


I gave the film a Certifacte 12 because I research the different ratings and felt our film could be watched from the age of 12 because it had so source of extreme violance and no reference of bad lanaguage. The only thing that might be difficult for this age group to follow is the actual concept of the fim and the narrative because the film is not a clear cut film and so it will require and audience to really think about what is going on.

I made to different versions of the poster to see which one will be effective.

Poster design 1:                                                       Poster design 2:

We decided to go for poster design 2 because it had more relation to the film in terms of their being a distance inbetween the two characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment